Saturday 7 May 2011

I've ordered the bigger crate!!


He thinks it's funny.
 The dog is getting too big for his crate so I have ordered the next size up - large. I am just hoping that we don't need the one called Giant.

We had guests in for a BBQ. All was going well until I went into the kitchen to retrieve the pudding, Dorset Apple Cake, only to discover that most of it had disappeared into the dog. We learnt the hard way that he can reach quite a long way onto the kitchen worksurfaces with his tongue.

He is digging three escape tunnels in the garden. (Probably called Tom, Dick and Harry.)
I know where they are because of all the spoil spread round the entrance.
He doesn't know about getting rid of it down his trouser legs.

Looking innocent working out his next move.


He's a very patient dog and will sit for a long time sizing up a situation before taking any action. This can be in the middle of a field, walking on a footpath or crossing the road.
Can be a bit of a nuisance if there is a need for speed.
Is he the thinking dog's dog or just slow on the uptake?






He jumped onto my lap last night with such enthusiasm that my Gin and Tonic went flying all over the settee and my trousers. No more cuddles for him. No more Gin and Tonic for me??

Two wannabe comedians told me  'He's too big for you to handle.' I just gritted my teeth and made sure the dog sat until they'd gone.

A kinder and more intelligent man said that he's a 'love sponge'.
Another called him a 'lunatic on a rope'.

Ready for a walk with the PL.




No comments:

Post a Comment